In all that we do, the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be the forefront of the (HisKingdom.golf) ministry. We believe that the name Jesus Christ is the most powerful and controversial term in the entire of creation. His name is above every name and we know that He is the center of it all and will be honored as such.
Did you know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been given throughout the game of golf for the past 40+ years? Well, through dedicated Christ followers like Wally Armstrong, Jim Hiskey, Larry Moody, Tom Lehman, Bernhard Langer and many, many more as well as Fellowship of Christian Athletes (Golf), College Golf Fellowship, Links Players International and, even, a short-lived ministry called The Players Outreach Ministry the Gospel has been the center point of the messages. There has been a chaplain on the PGA Tour for those 40+ years. There are Chaplains on most of the professional Tours today, including Jose Alvarez, MLB great, who is the current Chaplain on the Web.com Tour.
I, personally, believe the capability exists for a young golfer when he/she picks up a club ,into middle school and high school golf teams through FCA Golf to hear the Gospel and be mentored in his/her faith. Once that young golfer goes into college, College Golf Fellowship can step in to continue to mentor and disciple the golfer, especially if the coach is a Believer and supports the ministry. If the player is good enough to play professional golf, there are brothers and sisters on the Tours to encourage and assist this young player and, indeed, as said earlier, the Chaplains on these tours are there to develop trusting relationships to continue to mentor the Believer. If the player does not follow a professional golf career, there is Links Players International that may have a fellowship at the local golf club for the golfer to join and continue fellowship. So, from the time a player picks up a club until they stop playing the game, there are resources and groups to encourage, disciple and minister through golf.
But how will HisKingdom.golf enhance this effort?
- The HisKingdom.golf website will continue to give the Gospel and promote stories that show Jesus Christ's work in the game of golf, including, hopefully, regular video interviews of Pro's involved in competition.
- HisKingdom.golf will partner with Mulligan Magazine to promote, distribute and contribute to the content edifying Jesus Christ.
- HisKingdom.golf will partner with the Challenge Golf Association and, hopefully, establish a number of CGA events with the assistance of the Christian Business Men's Connection network; introducing golfers to Jesus
- HisKingdom.golf will promote all Christian ministries who use the game of golf as a way to reach out to golfers in the name of Jesus Christ
- HisKingdom.golf will conduct events similar to the Open Doors for the Open 2014 to have a presence at large golf tournaments, handing out Gospel oriented information and publishing information on HisKingdom.golf and social media.