| || |
We are so glad to update our blog here and inform you of our activities and our future...
1. Visit to Pinehurst Village for a coordinated update, March 7, 2014 @ 8:30 AM at the Village Chapel Cottage. Yet, we're conducting a get-together of our leadership team to update and plan for the future.
2. Coordination with CBMC. What a blessing to have Rodney Bunch, Steve Casbon, Jim Jenet (sp) and the CBMC team on board to assist us.
3. Coordination with Links Players International. Josh Nelson and I have been coordinating activities and planning other environments similar to the Open in the future. Josh has been working on the documentary about his dad, Larry, hopefully, to be released at Open Doors for the Open.
4. Meeting with Jame Kaiser in Louisville. Jim is fired up about the platform of golf being used for evangelism and discipleship. Jim conducts golf instruction for kids and has developed packages to help churches and schools with their programs. Jim has agreed to help coordinate the evangelism effort on the ground during the Open.
5. Conversation with Tim Philpott of Lexington, KY. Many of you may know Judge Philpott. Tim has a great history with the CBMC and Links International Ministry. He and I had a brief conversation today and he is considering his involvement in the efforts.
6. Charles Kearse of Urban Impact Golf. New friend of mine from Orlando who is coming to the Outreach, but, more importantly, Charles is dedicated to the Lord and using the game of golf to impact the lives of kids in urban communities.
7. "I am Second" connection. John Humphrey, the Director of Marketing for E3Partners has been discussing with me ways for us to engage with them during this Outreach and future events as well. We may even be able to discuss some things with the Duck Dynasty guys. Happy, Happy...
8. Scott Stallings connection. Scott won the Farmers Insurance Open this year in Torrey Pines. I met a friend of his that told me he was a Christian guy. I have reached out to him through Twitter and his friend to see if he may want to visit with us during the Outreach.
Whew... that's it for now.
Open Doors for the Open Update
NOW we're Giving Others Loving Fellowship (G.O.L.F.ing) and will do the same, everywhere.